I took Zach to be weighed yesterday. He is 10 pounds, 10 3/4 ounces! WOW! Some days it seems like he is always hungry. Plus, his sleeping patterns are kind of weird right now. For instance today/tonight, he will not go to sleep. If he goes to sleep after being fed, he wakes up after 20 minutes. He had a two hour nap today from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. That's it! Plus, he woke up every hour last night. I took him for a drive tonight hoping that would help, but he woke up when we got home. Does anyone have any suggestions? He isn't crying a lot, but he will be if he does not get any sleep soon. (me too!) This has happened before. I had a good pattern going for a week and a half and then the heat wave hit and things changed.
I wanted to post a picture but for some reason the computer isn't picking up my digital camera. I'll try tomorrow.
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Caley did that to me a few times. The best thing to do (and the hardest) and to let him cry. If he's been fed and changed, then he needs to learn to soothe himself. The swing worked great for Ally so that may be something to try. Feel free to call me if you want to vent!
Angie
My swing is what saved me. Darra doesn't sleep when it's too hot. I find turning on a fan in her room for some "white noise" and putting her in her swing helps.
Jade
Thanks for the advice ladies! Sometimes he'll go in the swing, sometimes he'll scream. A lot of the time I can leave him in the crib and he will go to sleep on his own, which is nice. But, a lot of the time his sleeps are only 20 minutes long. He wants to be up all the time. So, sometimes he cries, sometimes he doesn't. Ever since the heatwave hit, things changed. He was sleep quite consistently then. I hope this makes sense. We are getting a quote for air conditioning, so hopefully we can get it installed. That should help. Today, he did sleep a little more often and for a bit longer, so maybe things are looking up.
For both my kids I swaddled, soother and rocked. He could also be very overtired from only napping once which makes it harder for him to sleep at night. Zoe is 14 months and still has 2 naps of about 2 hours and then sleep about 11 hours at night. When she was Zach's age she was napping at least 3 times. As for the cry-it-out method we also did that but not til the kids were older like 8-9 months and it worked great! Oh and we have a white noise maker to block out sound which might help.
I totally feel your frustration! HUGS!!!
Hi There
Just got home from a few days with the grand children at the lake was really nice ,
Robert was like that and reading the suggestions will help. He was one that if he fell asleep in the car that was enough and he was ready to go so we made sure he stayed awake . Take care and love this site so such . Lots of Love Great Aunty Amy ( Wow )
Post a Comment