Saturday, December 26, 2009

DECEMBER 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Hope you all had a good one. It was a very different Christmas this year. It was the first time ever Carolyn was not able to come home. I didn't have any of my siblings here with me. Needless to say, it was very difficult for me at times. But, hopefully we can see everyone soon.

Zach was so well behaved yesterday! I don't think he really understand what was going on. He REALLY likes his little drum that he got. He played with it a lot yesterday!! We have not opened the Monkey Play-Dough set yet. Soon I'm sure! But, he has been playing with his new books, his car from B.C. Grandma Yvonne, and his Curious George toy.

Brian and I cooked the Christmas dinner and took it over to mom and dad's for supper. The turkey weighed 15.2 pound! It was awesome! You will see some pictures of it. If you are wondering what is on top of the turkey, it is strips of bacon...helps keep the bird moist. We also had mashed potatoes, corn, veggies, turnip, cheese, fruit, fresh biscuits, ham, homemade stuffing. (Yes, I made stuffing and put it in the turkey for the first time!) There was cookies and squares for dessert. For once, I didn't have ice cream...but may have to later! We then opened some gifts and stockings before heading home to get Zach ready for bed. He sure loved the little firestation and walkie/talkie's that Nana and Gramps gave him! Mom and Dad got a new tree this year. I love it, it is tall and full with different light settings!

We had a simple Christmas after a tough year, but it was a nice one. We are very thankful for a healthy, entertaining, toddler who is really talking now and gets excited about so many things. We are thankful for the wonderful meal we had and for the time we had together.

We hope all of you had a great time with family &/or friends. Hope you enjoy the pictures! They will be showing above this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to work
I want to bang on the drum all day
I don't want to play
I want to bang on the drum all day

Auntie